We look forward to cultivating a thriving online exchange with and among all our members. Please review our Community Guidelines before posting. This is not a place for advertising, promotion, recruiting, campaigning, lobbying, soliciting or proselytizing. Please use your best judgment. Out of respect for all community participants, guideline violations may result in removal of comments or posting privileges  

Chat Pop-ups in Zoom

I want to applaud HFMA for circumventing our national pandemic with this virtual Annual Conference. However, I am struggling with the chat pop-up box that opens (in front of the information slide) each time there is a comment. I have a hard enough time listening to a presentation while trying to read a slide as it is (with any event...not just a virtual event), but now with the addition of several pop-ups per minute, I am not able to effectively focus on the message.

Please disable the pop-up feature if you can (or instruct us how to do that). If that is not possible, please disable the Chat feature. This is the only way I will be able to continue as an attendee with a Zoom-based conference.

Thank you.

Marc

Parents
  • it is less distracting if you open the chat box and drag it to the right of the presentation window (or if you have dual monitors another monitor).  The chats scroll but a new comment does not display over the bottom of the presenters slide.  Agree, HFMA should be clearer about either this tip, set a default position for the chat box, or another option on how they would recommend minimizing the distraction ;-)

• Thank you Amy!!  This helps!!

Reply Children
No Data